Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Portraits That Last Forever




For those of you that don't know already, my wife Lisa and I just had our third child 6 months ago. We are having our beautiful little girl Baptized this Sunday, the 8th of June.

This past weekend we took a few photographs outside in our field to help us remember this wonderful occasion. After we had taken these shots, we realized the significance of what we have been doing for our own clients over the years. We've captured a very special moment that will be shown and passed down for generations.

This is why I wanted to share this post with you. A Baptism is a lot like a first birthday, a first communion or a wedding. People will pay a lot of money for this once in a lifetime portrait session and become a loyal customer. If you offer this service and do a really good job at it...they're your customer for life.

Here are a few ideas that you could use in your own sessions.

Create a natural, pure look by shooting outdoors. In this portrait we used a white wicker chase lounge in some tall grass. Notice how the grass actually comes up in front of the chase. It really takes you into the picture and frames the subject.

Personalizing these types of portraits is another great way to get your clients to purchase more and pass your work out to others. A Baptism is a big occasion and usually results in a big party. Parents often give out favors to all their guests for attending.
(Great Advertising Tool)



Try shooting both vertical and horizontal to create 2 different looks.



I hope you see how this special occasion can have quite a few benefits for you and the client.

The client will receive a wonderful keepsake that they will cherish for years and years.

This is what you will receive.
  • Money for creating wonderful portraits
  • A potential customer for life
  • Thank You favors that will be passed out to potential clients
  • Gratification for capturing a special memory
Start with your friends and family to gain experience and exposure.

Volunteer to be the photographer at the next Baptism that you are invited to. Jump in and get started!

Click on images above to view larger pictures


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, Kayla is beautiful...but you already knew that. I have enjoyed you sharing your family with me. I also have REALLY enjoyed your videos and can't wait for the next one. You have a pleasant voice that is soothing for learning.
While learning to setup an album, I did not stop the video enough to write down my correct godaddy.com address and missed an important part. All of it was important. I must be a slow learner cause I had to listened to it 3 times.

Thank you for not putting extra chit chat in the video.

suzanne
www.slickimagesphotography.com

Anonymous said...

Great idea Scott. I will be Christening my baby real soon & I love this idea! THX!
Your daughter is a Beauty!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Scott, I have Photo Essentials only,can all of these things in your vidio be done? Will I have to get Photoshop? Thanks,Tom.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! Can I use these quotes (re: aunts and cousins) or are they copyright protected?
Laura

Unknown said...

Hi Scott,

Really loving these tips. Just a thought though.. As these are handed out to various people would it be a good idea t have your contact details on there ?

Though I guess that may spoil it ?

Shaughan

Kenny Howse said...

I love all your hints, tips and tutorials, so much so that I've signed up for the course, I just received my DVDs this morning, can't wait to get started!