Thursday, June 26, 2008

Photoshop Lesson 1 - The Workspace


Photoshop Video Lesson 1

After receiving requests for basic Photoshop lessons, I am going to be releasing a series of videos.

I will be going over the very basics and gradually introducing more advanced techniques. My goal here is to have everyone use Adobe Photoshop in their digital workflow. Once you start using this powerful program you will find that you will have a great deal of control over your images.

When you first open this application it can look very intimidating, but I'm here to show you how to get started in little bite size steps.

After each lesson, I want you to use the techniques that I explain and become familiar with every tool that I go over. This will help you understand how it all comes together.

There are a lot of different ways to do things in Photoshop. You will need to find the ones that work best for you. Over time you will see that you start to develop a routine and things will become second nature.

In the first video lesson, I will explain the tools you will be using and exactly what layers are and how to use them.

Lets get started.


Photoshop Video Lesson 1

P.S
On the bottom of each video, you will have the option to download the full size video to your computer. You will need the Quicktime player to view the videos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Tool as always. Even though I had to learn Photoshop on the fly, I think this is great to show individuals who may not have the time or patience to learn or go to a course to learn at a school, how to use the product.

Great job and I wlook forward to the next.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Thank you! Can't wait until the next lesson. I appreciate you putting this lesson together! Take care...